iPhones have become an inseparable component of our daily lives, so it can be a real disaster when your device suddenly stops working. Dropping your iPhone can be particularly frustrating because it can leave you with a device that won't turn on. However, there's no need to panic because there are several solutions to this issue. Here are some helpful iPhone repair solutions to restore your device.
Reasons Your iPhone Won't Turn On after Dropping
Before you call a professional to fix or replace your phone, you must assess the damage, including:
- Battery issue: Dropping your iPhone can damage the battery and cause it to malfunction or drain.
- Screen damage: A cracked or shattered screen might cause a phone not to turn on.
- Water damage: Dropping your iPhone in water or exposing it to moisture can cause it to stop working.
- Hardware damage: The impact of the drop can damage the logic board or the power button.
Solutions for a Dropped iPhone That Won't Turn On
Charge Your iPhone
Sometimes, the battery of your iPhone may have drained completely after a fall, and it needs a recharge to turn on. Connect your iPhone to a reliable power source and charge it for at least 30 minutes. You can also try a different charging cable and power adapter if your iPhone still doesn't turn on.
Force Restart Your iPhone
If you have already charged your phone and it still doesn't turn on, try force restarting it. To do this, simultaneously press and hold the power button and home button (for iPhone 6s and earlier models) or volume down button (for iPhone 7 and later models) for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Restore Your Phone Through iTunes
You might think iTunes has nothing to do with iPhone repair, but it can be useful for fixing software-related issues. To restore your iPhone through iTunes, connect your phone to a computer with iTunes installed. Then, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes and click the iPhone icon in the top left corner.
- Click on "Summary" on the left sidebar.
- Click on "Restore iPhone" in the main window.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
This will erase all data and settings on your iPhone, so back up your phone before restoring it.
Put Your iPhone Into DFU (Device Firmware Update) Mode
DFU mode is a state that allows you to restore your iPhone from any state, even if it's not turning on. To put your iPhone into DFU mode:
- Connect it to your iTunes via desktop.
- Press the power and volume down controls for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button but hold the volume down button until iTunes detects your iPhone in recovery mode.
Visit an Apple Store or a Reliable Repair Centre to Repair
If all else fails, you must take your phone to an Apple Store or a reliable repair centre for iPhone repair service. They can diagnose and fix the issue or provide options for repair or replacement. Remember that repairs by unauthorised repair centres may void your iPhone's warranty or cause further damage, so choosing a reputable service provider is important.
A dropped iPhone that won't turn on can discourage any iPhone user. However, several helpful solutions can be applied to resolve this issue. With patience and persistence, a dropped iPhone can be revived and function again.
TechXS provides professional iPhone repair toolkits for customers who want to attempt to repair their iPhones themselves. We have a wide selection of parts and tools that are high-quality and affordable, making it easier for customers to take matters into their own hands. Get in touch with us today!