iPhones have become an essential part of our daily lives, but like any other electronic device, they are prone to problems. However, not all iPhone problems require a trip to the Apple Store or a visit from a technician. In this article, we will discuss five common iPhone problems that you can easily fix yourself.
iPhone Won't Charge
One of the most common iPhone problems is a phone that won't charge. Before you panic and assume that your battery or charging port is damaged, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Clean the charging port with a soft-bristled brush or a toothpick. Dirt, dust, and lint can build up in the port and prevent your phone from charging.
- Use a different charging cable and adapter to see if the problem persists. Sometimes, the cable or adapter can be the issue.
- Restart your iPhone by holding down the power button and the home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. This can sometimes fix charging problems.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to take your iPhone to an Apple Store or an authorised repair centre.
iPhone Keeps Restarting
Another frustrating iPhone problem is when your phone keeps restarting itself. This can be caused by a variety of issues, but here are some common fixes:
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, a software glitch can cause your phone to restart repeatedly.
- Delete any recently downloaded apps that may be causing the problem. If your phone started restarting after you downloaded a specific app, that app may be the culprit.
- Reset your iPhone's settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will erase all of your customised settings, but it may fix the restarting issue.
iPhone Screen Not Responding
If your iPhone's screen is not responding to your touch, it can be frustrating. Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:
- Clean your iPhone's screen and make sure your hands are clean and dry. Sometimes, a dirty or wet screen can prevent your phone from registering your touch.
- Restart your iPhone by holding down the power button and the home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. This can sometimes fix touchscreen problems.
- If your iPhone is still under warranty, take it to an Apple Store or an authorised repair centre.
An iPhone that is too hot to the touch can be concerning, but it is a common problem. Here's what you can do to cool down your device:
- Remove your iPhone from its case. Sometimes, a case can trap heat and cause your phone to overheat.
- Turn off any unnecessary apps or features that may be running in the background. This can help reduce your phone's workload and prevent it from overheating.
- If you are in a hot environment, move to a cooler location. Your iPhone may be overheating because of the external temperature.
iPhone Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
If your iPhone won't connect to Wi-Fi, it can be frustrating, especially if you are trying to stream videos or download files. Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:
- Restart your iPhone and your Wi-Fi router. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connection problems.
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect to > Forget This Network. Then reconnect to the network and enter the password if necessary.
- Reset your iPhone's network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all of your saved Wi-Fi networks, but it may fix the connection issue.
iPhones are prone to various problems, but not all of them require a trip to the Apple Store or a visit from a technician. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you can easily fix some of the most common iPhone problems, such as charging issues, overheating, and screen problems. However, if the problem persists, it is always best to seek professional help to prevent further damage to your device.
Are you looking for where to buy an iPhone repair kit? We here at TechXS are on a mission to empower people to use, repair and enjoy their smartphones on their own terms. Our team of Australian product designers, industry experts and top-tier manufacturers come together to create products that take the guesswork out of maintaining, repairing and using your mobile device.